Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Allen Iverson Retirement Statement

nba_top10

註冊日期
2007-11-27
帖子

NOV. 25, 2009
TO ALL OF MY FANS:

I would like to announce my plans to retire from the National Basketball Association. I always thought that when I left the game, it would be because I couldn’t help my team the way that I was accustomed to. However, that is not the case.

I still have tremendous love for the game, the desire to play, and a whole lot left in my tank. I feel strongly that I can still compete at the highest level.

Stepping away from the game will allow me to spend quality time with my wife and kids. This is a reward that far exceeds anything that I’ve ever achieved on the basketball court. I have prayed for this day and I see it as my greatest gift.

I want to thank the people of Reebok International Ltd., for always allowing me to be me and for supporting me my whole career through all the ups and downs. I have enjoyed 13 wonderful seasons in the NBA, and I am grateful.

I want to first acknowledge my fans everywhere, who have been with me throughout my entire career. Without you, there would be no me. You should all know that I appreciate your support from the bottom of my heart. Thank you!

To Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Isiah Thomas, Charles Barkley and Larry Bird, you guys gave me the vision to play the game that will be forever in my heart.

To my Mom, who encouraged and inspired me to play every day, and to all of my family and friends who stood by me from the beginning. Thank you!

To my high school coach, Michael Bailey, Coach John Thompson at Georgetown University, Coach Larry Brown and to all of my other coaches, teammates, administrators, owners and staff who’ve been a part of my career, Thank you as well!

I’d like to give a special thanks to the people of Memphis. I never played a home game for your beloved Grizzlies, but I want you to know how much I appreciate the opportunity given me by a great owner in Michael Heisley, and the support of the city. I wish the Memphis Grizzlies’ organization all of the success that the game has to offer.

And finally, to the city of Philadelphia: I have wonderful memories of my days in a Sixers’ uniform. To Philly fans, thank you. Your voice will always be music to my ears.

God Bless all of you,

ALLEN IVERSON

<object width="640" height="480" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="ESPN_VIDEO" data="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="opaque"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/><param name="flashVars" value="id=4690317"/></object>

via stephena

Last edited:

chosenone126

註冊日期
2006-12-28
帖子
回覆: Allen Iverson Retirement Statement

沒想到發生得這麼快
有點難以接受...

希望早日復出!!
加油AI...

kingeric03

註冊日期
2007-02-16
帖子

退休?! :kenlu_6: :kenlu_9:
曾經的戰神阿... :kenlu_13:
希望他還會再復出 :kenlu_15:

spartan

註冊日期
2009-02-02
帖子

TO A.I.,

Thank you for teaching me how to be tough on and off the court,
and thank you for showing me if I play hard with great passions,
then size does not matter anymore.

I am gonna miss you a lot..

我哭了...

b9010140

註冊日期
2007-10-09
帖子

布朗爺有說, NBA還需要AI....
但究竟是需要AI的商業價值還是球技?
如果是前者, 那還是退休吧....謝謝你, 籃球場上的戰神

fatboykickz

註冊日期
2008-12-10
帖子

致我的球迷:

我宣佈將從NBA退役。一直以來,我以為當我離開比賽的時候,原因會是我無法再以習慣的方式幫助球隊。然而,事實卻並非如此。

我依然摯愛比賽,想要比賽,我依然有能力。我確信自己仍然可以在最高水準上打球。

離開比賽後,我將能夠更好地陪伴妻子和孩子。我在球場上取得的一切都無法與此相比。我一直在祈禱這一天,並認為這是給我的最大的禮物。

我要感謝REEBOK公司的員工們,感謝你們總是允許我做我自己,感謝你們在我職業生涯的起起伏伏中一直支持我。我在NBA度過了13個美好的賽季,對此我很感恩。

我感謝各個地方的我的球迷,你們在我的整個職業生涯中一直陪伴著我。沒有你們就沒有我。你們一定要知道,我從心底感激你們的支持。謝謝你們!

致Michael Jordan、Magic Johnson、Isiah Thomas、Charles barkley和Larry Bird,你們的比賽使我看到了比賽的魅力,這種感覺將一直留在我的心底。

致我的母親,您鼓勵我、激勵我每天投入比賽,並致我的家人和從一開始就站在我身邊的朋友們。謝謝你們!

致我的中學教練Michael Bailey、喬治城大學的教練John Thompson、Larry Brown教練以及所有我的教練、隊友、管理人、老闆和員工,你們是我職業生涯的組成部分,也謝謝你們!

我想特別感謝孟菲斯的人們。我沒有在主場為你們熱愛的灰熊打一場比賽,但是我想要你們知道我非常感激球隊老闆Michael Heisley給我的這個機會,和你們對我的支持。我祝願孟菲斯灰熊能夠獲得比賽的成功。

最後,致費城:身穿76er球衣的那段時光給我留下了美好的回憶。致費城球迷:謝謝你們。你們的聲音將一直成為我耳邊的樂曲。

上帝保佑你們!

ALLEN IVERSON

註冊日期
2009-07-21
帖子

還是退休了阿.....
或許對他是好的吧..

eason29

註冊日期
2007-12-19