Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Kobe Bryant Debuts Kobe IV/Hyperdunk Hybrid

abt

contributor
註冊日期
2006-06-30
帖子
Hyperdunk Upper
hyperdunk525.jpg

+
Zoom Kobe IV Tooling
kobe4.jpg

=?
kobe34.jpg

inf from SC, Nick DePaula
Last night in Denver there seemed to be a few firsts, such as Carmelo Anthony’s regular season return after serving his two-game suspension, where he surprisingly showed up sans braids. Kobe Bryant also made a quiet surprise of his own, debuting a new sneaker that includes the upper of a Nike Hyperdunk along with the tooling of the Zoom Kobe IV. While it was an under the radar move and there’s no word on any such shoe releasing, there’s several ways to analyze the move by Nike and Kobe.

Both the Hyperdunk and Zoom Kobe IV feature identical cushioning set-ups, with heel Zoom Air and Lunar Foam units embedded into the midsole, but the lone difference between the two is surely in the traction department. The Kobe IV features a perfectly squeaky and trusty herringbone pattern along the entire forefoot, while the Hyperdunk incorporates recessed grooves to handle its traction duties, and can become a bit slippery once some dust collects. Did Kobe switch simply for better traction? Both shoes have a similarly exacting support outrigger, carbon fiber spring plate and a radiused heel for great heel-to-toe transition. Or, is Kobe not yet ready to debut his 5/8 cut Zoom Kobe IV, and for now relying on the higher cut of the Hyperdunk? My guess is Nike and/or Kobe simply wanted to make the Hyperdunk more “his,” while everyone else in the league continues to wear the silhouette, as both shoes are perfectly capable from a performance front. We’ll be sure to update you with more pictures and information soon and be keeping an eye on his footwear as always for all upcoming games, but as far as we know, this is the first time an athlete has transitioned into his next shoe by initially wearing a hybrid of old and new.
[Note: Jester coming through with a correction. Michael Jordan was perhaps the first afterall, when he wore a shoe that included an Air Jordan I upper an Air Jordan II tooling.]

kobehd3.jpg

kobehd2.jpg

kobehd.jpg

kobehd4.jpg

inf from http://solecollector.com/shoes/nike...e/kobe-bryant-debuts-kobe-ivhyperdunk-hybrid/

edtrigger

大魔頭
Staff member
註冊日期
2006-06-22
帖子
回覆: Kobe Bryant Debuts Kobe IV/Hyperdunk Hybrid

hyperdunk身加上zk4的底? 真是夠怪異的了~~

Foamposite

contributor
註冊日期
2006-12-16
帖子

no wonder I cannot tell what kobe was wearing yesterday....

AIRNESS23

註冊日期
2006-09-03
帖子

難怪在看比賽的時候我一直覺得好像有哪裡"怪怪的",原來是這樣的合體Orz...
nike,我真的服了你......:kenlu_13: :kenlu_13:

nakata115

註冊日期
2008-07-04
帖子

ummm.... 有喜有憂嘛....

喜是....不用再為 Kobe 的足踝擔心;

憂是.... ZK 4 的銷量將會如何 ??

Xavier

註冊日期
2006-07-13
帖子

水喔
低統我就買不下去了(←傷殘人士)
不知道氣墊配置如何???
跟HYPERDUNK一樣??
真希望來個全腳掌zoom air然後後腳掌在來一小塊便雙層zoom.....
總覺得hyperdunk不夠彈Q......

jackie02

註冊日期
2008-03-29
帖子

This colourway is the best HD I'd ever seen

kobewithme

註冊日期
2007-07-23
帖子

但...這雙就讓我看的很對眼
不知是要選KG個人肖像款
還是Kobe 4...

THE-BLK-TIE

註冊日期
2006-08-15
帖子

What a great colorway~:kenlu_11: I also noticed this point yesterday...but just couldn't figure out what he was wearing..
Thanks for sharing:kenlu_15:

頂部 底部