Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

20080130 air jordan 23 , a delay or a preview?

edtrigger

大魔頭
Staff member
註冊日期
2006-06-22
帖子
(還在生悶氣中......anyway.....)

aj23_1.jpg

with MJ, Tinker, Mark Smith and Gentry, Air Jordan 23 is simply a masterpiece. From the stitches to its shape, from what is exposed to what is hidden, Jordan Brand once proved they can raise the game to an even higher level(yes, it is quoted from some chicago bulls championship dvds, you can pose your hands if you know what I'm talking about.). They said, it is probably the product which pays the most money, the most manpower and the most time to accomplish. to me, it is probably the kicks gets me so sentimental after so many years. first, I'm totally get pissed that they don't have the premier colorway released in Taiwan. I refuse to admit that since we will still have next couple colors and some events for aj23 on the way, but my mood simply got out of control after Jan 25, 2008. How bad is it? I complained in my blog once in chinese and now in english, now you can see how bad it is.

anyway.....(I though I said anyway couple lines before....OOXXOXOX)

the shoe is beautiful, like Tinker said, it shape more like your feet, it shapes more like a track bike. it's definitely a gorgeous, great work in the industry history. to a people who like speed, low profile, black upper with light bottom guy, this one is an instantly love.

aj23_2.jpg
the tongue is not really one-piece, but the place it jointed with upper is two or three lace loops lower than other basketball kicks around, like AJ22 or Huarache 2K4. The way it perforated gives aj23 a folk style, which is also said to be one of AJ23's inspiration, north America Indian's moccasins. to everyone who is also interested in trend stuffs, Visvim FBT also gets connection to moccasins. and from the latest interview with Visvim head, Hiroki Nakamura, he always wear FBT "without" socks. I'm not sure if I should do this to my AJ23 when I get it. (no, I have not yet got AJ23, who is asking!!)

aj23_3.jpg
the "fin" is actually a joint section of lateral and medial upper. The two piece upper sewed together , I think this feature appears in some other "considered" product as well.

aj23_4.jpg
the TPU "fingers" goes through the synthesize black suede, there're some bball kicks has straps here to enhance the lock down and support while players steps and cuts hard on the court. I like the idea and the way they hide part of it.

aj23_5.jpg
Michael's autograph is "printed" instead of "lasered" in this one. it is some kind of leather with pearl gloss, like the one used AJ20. This reminds me that MJ and Tinker is always fight with the toe box reinforce piece like this. Most people can recall that one of the major improvement on AJ6 is that they kept the toe box as clean as possible. Another instance is that MJ ask Tinker to change AJ10's toe deisgn and remove the piece. That makes OG wht/grey AJ10 is one of its generation with different toe. to me, toe box of AJ23 connects modern design to its very first original-- AJ1.

aj23_6.jpg
detailed and different padding around the ankle. the padding is not thick at all. It didn't come in the style I thought they are when the photos leaked on the internet. I was thinking, "wow, what a thick, fat two layered padding around heel!" no, no, no, the black part can only be taken as a "layer" to deliver seamlessly touch. the silver part is the one who actually provides padding.

aj23_7.jpg
actually, this woven textile inner extends all over AJ23, including being beneath the tongue. although it looks like woven, it has relative smooth touch. Particular areas around ankle get special quilted pattern for more friction.

aj23_8.jpg
I think it is just like the "air window", where Tinker got influenced by Centre Pompidou. Exposed functions always plays an important role when he gets something innovative. AJ23 get the largest exposed carbon I ever seen. I think AJ21 is the one next to it on the list. Another interesting note here is that the TPU is crystal clear which you can tell from the midfoot support. it shows carbon fiber grain clearly, which implies this one-piece TPU wrap up is actually transparent. Thus, the "black TPU finger" on AJ23's side is actually the color of the AJ23's upper. This helps AJ23 gets a more reflective and crystal look.

aj23_9.jpg
Another never-seen feature is the lace loops. You can tell from the picture that AJ23 gets additional symmetric lace loops on the tongue. Interesting thing is they follow the direction lace crossed. In the most cases, we get a single additional lace loops to make sure shoes' tongue won't tilt or slip into shoes. It'd be interested to see how it works on AJ23, since it is the key area which we called "heel hinge", where you bend your foot. Lace locks on AJ22 delivers amazingly good job to lock down and keep laces from loose. We can now start to wait and see upcoming reviews from KENLU members in the near future. (come on! guys!)

Last edited:

simon5302

註冊日期
2007-09-17
帖子
回复: 20080130 air jordan 23 , a delay or a preview?

还是这个色最吸引啊!!!

carter1203

Jordan Sample
註冊日期
2006-06-25
帖子
回覆: 20080130 air jordan 23 , a delay or a preview?

我自己還在觀望要買哪個顏色幫Jordan 畫下句點,不過還是有點不敢買 怕一買就真的劃下句點....

2008 年還真是讓任又愛又怕的一年阿 :kenlu_6:

Neotu1204

註冊日期
2006-08-20
帖子

Sam, why English version this time??

angelo

註冊日期
2006-07-02
帖子

哈哈,我知道ED說的那句,那部紀錄片我看了不下30次阿~

咕咕雞

註冊日期
2006-07-19
帖子

我自己還在觀望要買哪個顏色幫Jordan 畫下句點,不過還是有點不敢買 怕一買就真的劃下句點....

2008 年還真是讓任又愛又怕的一年阿 :kenlu_6:

卡特大...不用怕....
因為還會有很多pe在等妳...:kenlu_6:

henry071

contributor
註冊日期
2006-06-30
帖子

這雙搭配西裝褲感覺也頗高雅的
抱歉因為比較窮所以很沒禮貌的希望有暢貨中心版出現

edtrigger

大魔頭
Staff member
註冊日期
2006-06-22
帖子

Sam, why English version this time??

我也不知道耶....原本是要打中文的....可以看得出來一開始是中文, 不過從anyway之後就有股想抱怨的氣跑出來......就變成英文抱怨文了......

就算是小小follow貓哥喝醉講英文的推廣第二語文活動吧....

kingeric03

註冊日期
2007-02-16
帖子

其實..XX3我愈看愈順眼

或許小朋友會出走了!?

edison0204

註冊日期
2007-03-10
帖子

我也想入手黑色XX3
應該會吧....
希望老婆不會生氣....

頂部 底部