Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[NBA] SHAREEF ABDUR-RAHIM ANNOUNCES HIS RETIREMENT

deathcyth

註冊日期
2006-06-27
帖子
SACRAMENTO, CA, September 22, 2008 ---- Sacramento Kings forward Shareef Abdur-Rahim today announced his retirement from the NBA as a player due to a reoccurring knee injury.

“First of all, on behalf of the entire organization I want to thank Shareef for his contribution to the Kings and NBA both on and off the court,” said Kings’ President of Basketball Operations Geoff Petrie. “He has had an exemplary career as a player and citizen. It is unfortunate for any productive career to be felled by injury. However, no one can ever doubt Shareef’s effort, commitment or desire to excel. It is our intention to find a new role for Shareef with the organization as he begins the next phase of his professional life.”

Abdur-Rahim enjoyed 12 seasons in the NBA with four different teams (Vancouver 1996-97 to 2000-01, Atlanta 2001-02 to 2003-04, Portland 2003-04 to 2004-05 and Sacramento 2005-06 to 2007-08-), amassing career averages of 18.1 points (.452 FGs, .297 3FGs, .810 FTs), 7.5 rebounds and 2.5 assists per game through 830 outings. His most productive season, statistically, occurred during the 1998-99 campaign in Vancouver when he averaged 23.0 points (.432 FGs, .306 3FGs, .841 FTs), 7.5 rebounds and 3.4 assists per game through 50 contests (NBA Lockout season). The following season (1999-00), Abdur-Rahim averaged double figures in both points (20.3) and rebounds (10.1) per game, in which he played in all 82 contests for the Grizzlies.

“I’ve been in a situation where I’ve been trying to get healthy over the last year and a half,” explained Abdur-Rahim. “I came to grips with the fact that, health-wise, I won’t be able to get back to the condition and level that is needed to play in the NBA. My right knee has become arthritic over the years and is to the point where it won’t allow me do the things and play at the level in which I’m accustomed to playing. As tough as it is to come to grips with, it’s the reality.”

Abdur-Rahim was a member of the gold-medal winning United States Olympic team in 2000 while still with the Vancouver Grizzlies. He was selected to the Eastern Conference NBA All-Star Team where he scored nine points in 21 minutes as a member of the Atlanta Hawks in 2002.

“Regarding my career, I’ve been really blessed and fortunate,” said Abdur-Rahim. “I’m thankful that I had basketball and was able to play in the NBA. There aren’t a lot of people who actually get to do what they grow up dreaming about doing. I’ve had that opportunity and I’m really thankful for that. I’m also thankful for the coaches, trainers, owners, front office people and friends I’ve made through my time in the NBA. It was a tough decision, but in no way am I bitter. I’m just really thankful and happy that I was given the opportunity to play in the NBA.”

On December 28, 2002, Abdur-Rahim became the sixth-youngest player in NBA history to reach the 10,000-point plateau when he scored 18 points at Washington at age 26, trailing only Kobe Bryant, Bob McAdoo, Shaquille O’Neal, Michael Jordan and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar with that distinction. He scored a career-high 50 points (including a career-high 21 field goals made) versus Detroit on November 23, 2001, becoming the first Hawks player to hit that mark since Dominique Wilkins poured in 52 points in 1991.

Selected by the Vancouver Grizzlies (now Memphis) as an undergraduate out of California with the third pick of the 1996 NBA Draft, Abdur-Rahim has a long-standing history of community service involvement. He was named by The Sporting News as the NBA’s Number 1 Good Guy for 2004 after funding the Reef House in Atlanta through his Atlanta-based Future Foundation with the purpose of assisting at-risk and underprivileged youth.

原文: http://www.nba.com/kings/news/AbdurRahim_Retires.html

生涯在NBA打了12年

生涯成績為18.1 points (.452 FGs, .297 3FGs, .810 FTs) 7.5 rebounds and 2.5 assists

在灰熊時表現最好
1999-00 23.0 points(.432 FGs .306 3FGs .841 FTs) 7.5 rebounds and 3.4 assists
2000-01還有20.3分10.1籃板的季平均double-double成績

2000年奧運美國代表隊金牌成員之一
2002年代表老鷹入選至東區明星隊

edtrigger

大魔頭
Staff member
註冊日期
2006-06-22
帖子
回覆: [NBA] SHAREEF ABDUR-RAHIM ANNOUNCES HIS RETIREMENT

讓我想起某人的夢幻逸品 SHOX BB4 白綠 Player Edition in size us9
原來他喜歡綠色這麼久了現在才發現

juniorpenny

註冊日期
2006-06-30
帖子

SAR是名潔身自好的好球員!
希望他退休後,能有自己的另一番好事業!

接下來是題外話,2005年SAR成為自由球員後,本欲以不符身價的薪水與籃網隊簽約!
試想,籃網原有的JKIDD, VC15, R.JEFFERSON,若再加上SAR,陣容是多麼夢幻啊!
但是籃網隊隊醫最後卻檢查出SAR的膝蓋有潛在傷勢,並不適合籃網隊簽長約!
而使得SAR與JKIDD的組合告吹!
當時,SAR還認為籃網隊出爾反爾的簽約態度,對他是種侮辱!
SAR表示,他的膝傷早就不是問題! 籃網隊隊醫簡直是吹毛求疵!
最後,SAR選擇加入了國王隊!
而事實證明了,在國王隊時期,SAR的確飽受膝傷所苦!
也證明了籃網隊隊醫的先見之明!
寫了這麼多,想表達的是"好的隊醫帶你上天堂,不好的隊醫帶你住套房!"
是的,最後我要說的是"魔術隊隊醫堪稱住套房醫生的最佳代表!"

Frankchang

註冊日期
2006-07-21
帖子

很多NBA球員 到了生涯中後期都飽受膝傷所苦

很多更是在黃金時期就這樣養老去了

令人感到命運的殘酷

好的膝蓋讓你去灌籃 不好的膝蓋讓你去坐板凳......XD

小木村

註冊日期
2006-07-04
帖子

SAR是名潔身自好的好球員!
希望他退休後,能有自己的另一番好事業!

接下來是題外話,2005年SAR成為自由球員後,本欲以不符身價的薪水與籃網隊簽約!
試想,籃網原有的JKIDD, VC15, R.JEFFERSON,若再加上SAR,陣容是多麼夢幻啊!
但是籃網隊隊醫最後卻檢查出SAR的膝蓋有潛在傷勢,並不適合籃網隊簽長約!
而使得SAR與JKIDD的組合告吹!
當時,SAR還認為籃網隊出爾反爾的簽約態度,對他是種侮辱!
SAR表示,他的膝傷早就不是問題! 籃網隊隊醫簡直是吹毛求疵!
最後,SAR選擇加入了國王隊!
而事實證明了,在國王隊時期,SAR的確飽受膝傷所苦!
也證明了籃網隊隊醫的先見之明!
寫了這麼多,想表達的是"好的隊醫帶你上天堂,不好的隊醫帶你住套房!"
是的,最後我要說的是"魔術隊隊醫堪稱住套房醫生的最佳代表!"

閣下指的代表性球員應該是Penny和Hill吧~~~!!

兩位都是在魔術隊經過漫長時間的板凳等待,也因此錯過黃金時期。

而同時也因為這樣,而讓球鞋商取消了專屬代言款。